Sunday 29 November 2009

Just Desserts

Last night's dream was tastebud tingling, mmmmmmmm.

So, I was working at some crappy job or other when I looked out my window and saw that my mum had opened up a shop called 'Just Desserts'.
I was a little irritated at first that she had chosen to open it where I live as opposed to where she lived (50 miles away) but I went over to check it out.
It was a tiny little place but filled with hand made sweets and chocolates. Tantalising little stacks of them on glass trays behind glass counters, that seemed to be seductively begging you to try them.
I was very excited by this and thought it would be a good place for me to work since I could make sweet treats too.
My mum kept dithering over whether I could have a job and I was getting more antsy everyday, when (after a few days) I looked out my window again to see she had taken someone on! I was highly unamused by this so I stomped on over to the shop to find out just who this usurper was.
It turned out she was just some random girl who'd moved into town, seen the shop and decided she wanted to work there. My mum didn't even know her and hadn't actually given her the job, the girl had just started working! Very bizarre. And I was a bit confused as to why why mum didn't just tell her to go if she didn't want her there.
Anyhoo, I was staring longingly at the chocolates again and thinking that I could make truffles and honeycomb that would go nicely on one of those glass trays, if only I could make the girl leave, when I woke up.
I swear I was actually salivating too! Maybe my tastebuds just couldn't take it and woke me up so I'd give them something to eat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment