Tuesday 22 June 2010

Kids club night

Dream starts with me living back in Brid. (I know, horrible thought)
I'm in the bath, liberally soaping myself when my babysitter, Dawn, yells to me that she's taking the boys off to De'Vinchies (the local, now closed, nightclub)
I absently minded grunted my agreement without realising what she's said and then five minutes later, once I've climbed out of the bath, I suddenly realise what's going on. I stand there in shock thinking 'she didn't really say she's taking B to De'Vinchies?!' out loud and then throw my clothes on, determined to go down and sort it out.
I then appear at the club (as you do) and shove and punch my way through the huge crowd outside waiting to get in. (This never happened, De'Vinchies was not in any way a good nightclub)
I finally get to the door and, peering over someone's head, see Dawn and B (with one of his also underage friends) paying to get in. The bouncer bloke looks suspiciously at B, obviously thinking he's too young to get in but then realises he knows Dawn so lets them on through.
At this point I stomp my way in to the woman taking the money and start yelling at her - 'do you realise that boy is only 14 years old? what sort of place are you running here?' -
I grab hold of Dawn, who's wearing a beautiful, tight red dress, and start yelling at her - 'what the hell do think you're doing taking B to a nightclub, he's 14 years old for god's sake!' , 'how bloody irresponsible are you?'
I then grab hold of B, dragging him out of the club, with him complaining how I've embarrassed him in front of everyone and continue yelling while trying to work out how we're going to get home.

Ah, yet another morning where I wake up thinking 'What the hell??'

No comments:

Post a Comment