Friday 20 August 2010

Runaway wedding

In last night's dream, Bridget Regan was my mate. Wishful thinking I know.
But anyway, we were fairly new friends and as girls do, we were chatting about men. I was telling her all about the great features of some of the men I know when we cam across them, and she was on the lookout for a bit of new romance.

We were hanging out in an old building - who knows why - and I introduced her to my friend P. They clicked immediately, which was nice to start with.
After a couple of hours though I was getting annoyed because they had both deserted me and were holed up in a room talking in whispers and hiding behind sheets. Nothing dirty, just the kind of thing you do when you're a kid and you're really, really close to someone.

The next thing I know, P and Bridget are holding hands and giggling and making their way out of the house. They didn't say a word to anyone, just vanished, after changinf clothes into something a bit smarter.

I was a bit peeved at having been left out and deserted by my two friends so I turned to P's mum and dad, who just sort of magically appeared, and asked if they knew what was going on.

I don't know why I thought they would know since they hadn't spoken to either P or Bridget, but anyway, I asked.

His mum told me, completely nonchalantly, that they had run off to get married. That she could tell by the way they looked.

I was gobsmacked at this, especially since they had only met a couple of hours before but P's parents didn't seem to think it was a big deal at all!

I was even more peeved then, that they would just run off like that without telling me and was feeling a bit stroppy.

And then I woke up. Still feeling stroppy

2 comments:

  1. ROFL thats hilarious! Dont u just love crazy dreams??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, they make life very interesting!

    ReplyDelete