Wednesday 6 October 2010

Baby alert

Horrifying dream last night - I had a baby. Ugh.
My dream self took it all in her stride though - total competence, not a step missed. You'd have thought I'd picked it up in the supermarket.
It was a boy by the way.

The biggest problem I had was picking a name. I didn't want anything boring but I didn't want anything too outlandish either. And I kept saying that my dad would never forgive me if I named him something odd. I like the name Lorcan but wasn't sure so I decided to ask the baby which name he liked.
I reeled off names to him while looking for a sign that he liked it. Finally, when I suggested the name 'Tam' he got very excited and waved his arms around so I knew he wanted that as his name.

I'd had my friend C with me all the time so I decided to honour him by giving the baby his name as a middle name - Tam Clive. Then decided it only worked if 'Tam' became 'Tamlyn'.
But this was too girly for me so 'Tam' stayed as and the middle name became Sebastian. Absolutely no idea why.

I was still deciding if this was the right name when I woke up. And then shuddered.

No comments:

Post a Comment