Sunday 10 May 2009

Domestica disharmony

This is from Saturday night:

I was working in a large warehouse size Iceland branch with A & K from j-r; crappy job but lots of fun messing around with mates. It was a great day though as we had a live gig from Bobby Long going on (quite why BL would have been playing a gig in a shop I don't know). When he had left K gathered all the money he had made and passed it to me to count. Then, A & K finished work and I had to stay late because the manager was on holiday and I had to close the shop. I counted up all the money from the gig and saw the letter BL had left to say that K should have £30 of it for the work she had done. When I was done, I went along to join them at some place that was like a giant kids play room - lots of interactive video games, pinball machines and that kind of thing. I went to try and find K so I could give her the money, including the money that was for BL (since she was friendly with him). Then I played a few games of something that I can't even describe but halfway through a game I panicked and remembered that I hadn't locked the shop. I was running around trying to find A as she was friendly/ related to the manager, then ran back to the shop hoping that I could lock it without anyone noticing it hadn't been done. Unfortuantely I was too late; A was there and in a towering fury that I had been so lax and threatened to tell the manager. I was so scared that I was going to lose my job; then I woke up, still feeling that sense of panic!

I think my dreams are trying to tell me that I spend far to much time on the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment