Tuesday 5 May 2009

Monday night weirdness

So, the latest:
There was a girl who was very depressed being made worse by the ‘angel’ of miserableness! (bit like the Darklighter from the episode of Charmed with Amy Adams). He was a man (naturally) who used his power to make people sad and unhappy. He couldn’t be seen by those he affected but I could see him and I knew what he was doing. I tried to cheer the girl up; telling jokes, making her laugh, showing her the baby photos of my friend's newborn and constantly telling her that it wasn’t her; it was someone else making her feel this way, trying to get her to see him. Eventually I succeeded and the ‘angel’ vanished. Then the dream segued into:
I was at school, in the sixth form but still an adult (of sorts) and I was round at somebody’s dingy flat feeling a little low. I think I had been the girl from the previous bit. I was immensely cheered up when someone told me that my car was back from the garage, mended and ready to go. Even whilst dreaming my head was telling me that this was a little odd since my beloved Clio was scrapped a couple of years ago, but dreams ignore what the head is saying and go on anyway. I jumped up and went down to go for a drive but the engine wouldn’t start. I tried and tried to get it started, getting more and more annoyed that it had only just come back from the mechanics and still wouldn’t work. Then someone told me that it needed oil, so I poured oil into where the key goes! I was surprised when it still wouldn’t start. (Duh!) I gradually began to realise that the mechanics had cheated me and the car didn’t work at all and started getting miserable again so somebody suggested we go out.
The next part of the dream was in a really dark nightclub with loads of people around waiting for the band to start. I was standing quite close to the stage and when the band came out; after the initial flash of lights had dimmed I realised that the first wail of singing was familiar because it was Wendy James band Racine on the stage! I was very excited by this but everyone else was really irritated because she wouldn’t play Transvision Vamp songs and she complained to the manager (or someone) that she wasn’t going to play any of those songs. I wasn’t bothered by this, I just thought it was exciting to have Wendy James up there and then over the din of all the people I realised she was singing Wig Wam Bam! I was a little surprised by this and that was when I woke up
Interesting – I always wake up from these dreams going, ‘huh?’

No comments:

Post a Comment